Monday, May 24, 2010

Ladies First - Group Show at BSG

The exhibition at BSG was such a delightful event... the highlight truly was getting to meet the beautiful and talented girls I was exhibiting alongside.... Getting to the gallery bright and early to hang the show, I made instant friends with the other early bird, Jo Dyer. We turned out to be "wall buddies" too, as out works were exhibited next to each other.



Mine were fairly easy to hang thank goodness (sticky-backed velcro, hurray!) so I spent the next few hours getting to know some of the other girls as we helped each other hang everyone's work.


It was a treat seeing so many talented young women's work, and having a chat about their creative processes. Friendships were formed and etsy shop addresses were swapped!

The opening was fantastic, the space looked great with all the works up on the wall, please enjoy this quick tour before the people start arriving:









I really enjoyed being a part of this gorgeous show, the girls I met were incredible young ladies, and I think we'll be seeing a lot more of each other soon....

Jo Dyer, Helani Laisk, Myself & Caitlin Shearer


ps. girls, I'm sorry for my terrible photographs... if you post better ones I'll replace these :-D

7 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun, Monika. It sounds like a wonderful experience indeed.
    ...and the outfit was really well attuned with the brambles, moss, and forest flowers theme!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Astera :-) I did have a nice time, thanks for your yummy comment :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. your designs very wonderful. i love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would have dearly loved to have seen your artworks on the walls in person, it looks like you all had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great exhibition.. Im sad I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Eli & Jess - hopefully there'll be more in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx