Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

2011 is a time for new beginnings as well as the year of the rabbit!  According to Chinese tradition, the rabbit brings a year in which we can catch our breath, relax and create a safe and peaceful lifestyle so we can calmly deal with any problems that may arise.

Being born under the year of the rabbit myself, I feel this must be a special year for me. I know I certainly need some calm and peace right now, and I have always known that I will only ever achieve happiness in my art. I am happiest when I am creating. 


So, here's to a year of creating. Creating calm and peace, finding tranquility in our turbulent souls, and creating beautiful art :-)





4 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you were born on the year of the rabbit, I have been obsessed with rabbits since I was little so I know this year is going to be great...and also a wonderful year to create art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl with the rabbit looks very familiar! Congratulation for your new friends and best wishes for a wonderful and productive 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shayla - Ah, fantastic!! Here's to a rabbiting good year of creativity :-D


    Astera - Yes, little Blossom is the newest addition.
    I don't think I will ever ever afford another E.D with their prices and even re-sale prices, I'll have to say goodby to that dream.
    But fern can still have little sisters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Blossom looks so happy with her bunny!
    For the new year I want a blog as pretty as yours! Best wishes for your art this year, Monika!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx