Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inspiration at Night

Some moody shots of my most recent piece, "Salt"



I have been working a full seven days a week since the end of January, so precious time for drawing usually only presents itself late at night. For a few short hours I am allowed some measure of calm, some peace for my turbulent mind.

My porcelain muse stands watch as I draw, and the haunting voices of Nouvelle Vague, Melanie Pain and Florence and The Machines waver in the background, inspiring me with their sweetly melancholic lyrics.



"Salt" is now ready to have delicate layer upon layer of translucent watercolour applied, gradually building up the rich and silky tones I strive for in a finished piece.

But not tonight, my hours are up, and it's off to bed...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx