Sunday, March 13, 2011

As Dusk Falls



Completing this particular piece was a huge relief. I now only have 3 unfinished drawings left till I complete my challenge. Initially I was going to then give myself full permission to start on all the new ideas that have been jostling to be put to paper, but now it's a bit more like a mad race to finish before I go on my long overseas adventure - this is in less than 4 weeks now!!

Here are a couple of the progress shots I took along the way, enjoy!!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Monika,

    I love how characters from your recent illustrations all start to have a baffling but intriguing expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss LK - that was such a beautiful observance. It's really great to get feedback from the perspective of eyes other than mine..... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work. The pattern on her dress looks wonderful. I can't wait to see the last 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Monika,

    i haven't been good at checking and commenting on blogs and i realized that i missed a major happening on your blog, your new website, wow!
    let me give you my warmest congratulations, it's is wonderful, so whimsical and beautiful! ♥
    hugs,
    Annina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Monika! what a lovely lady! She appears do innocent on the sling, but her eyes look so mature and knowing...what's her story? Is this a portrait? or a fictional character? It's great you are being so productive these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this one is also a portrait of a lovely friend of mine. She is actually the same girl as the "Botanist's Daughter".

    I drew this one first, then when I was too nervous to colour it, I did "The Botanist's Daughter" as a practice :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx