Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Poznan Children’s Book Illustration Salon



Back from Poland! The Salon went really well, and we’re now safely back in Győr, with snow softly falling outside in the darkening dusk. Poznan itself was a wonderful little town – the Centre square looking like something straight out of a fairytale, with its candy coloured quaint little buildings.



It was incredibly cold, between minus 8 and 20, but luckily it was fairly warm inside the Salon Hall. Our stand was lively, with children stopping by to make paper-crowns, following with the theme of Janusz Korczak’s children’s novel “King Matyko I.” It was nice to see that the language barrier didn’t pose too much of a problem, we were able to mime most of the time. Smiles and encouraging nods were all the language we needed.


(You can see how strangely I hold my hand when I draw...)

Personally, one of my highlights was stumbling upon an incredible café down a small side street. I fell in love with the amazing interior, and the delicious array of drinks on offer weren’t bad either. We spent a lovely afternoon hiding away in here, the soft glow of the many lanterns bringing a smile to my face.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, Poznan looks so pretty. I love the coloured houses. You look so sweet making crowns with the children.

    Any chance you're coming to Western Europe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing you surrounded by art and whimsical amusement, sharing your gifts and enjoying yourself while at it. The Salon looks so fun (I would love making paper crowns with you :)) and the cafe looks so nice and cozy. Haha, oh and how does it feel now that you've experienced extreme cold?

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx